E: Email Us
The County Attorney’s Office seeks to preserve and improve public safety through criminal prosecution, protect the vulnerable through civil action, and advise county leadership toward serving the best interests of the People of Cook County.
Our goals are to:
- Reach just resolution of conflicts in an even-handed and consistent manner,
- Remain accessible to the public for the purpose of explaining the judicial process and preserving access to justice, and
- Aid citizens in becoming their own advocates by connecting them to free legal resources and supporting the Cook County Law Library.
We Add Value By:
- Protecting ownership through the maintenance of all parcel transactional records
- Protecting individual rights through the recording and maintenance of vital records such as birth certificates, death certificates and marriage licenses
- Assisting a variety of individuals from historians to realtors on the basics of how to search for the information they need
- Providing a traceable history of the growth and economic history of Cook County dating back to the 1870’s