E: Email Us
To provide solution oriented services to the community. This mission is implemented through the application of professional skills, and the adoption of plans and standards to facilitate the growth of the local economy, enhance the quality of life, and preserve the natural environment for current and future generations.
- Administering land use and zoning ordinances for rural and unincorporated portions of Cook County; preserving the environment
- Short- and long-term planning for sustainable and healthy living in Cook County
- Creating strategies to protect our lakes, rivers, and wetlands
- Management of household, industrial, and commercial recycling
- Providing information and support for environmental health issues including animal bites, infestations, and events that impact indoor air and water quality